1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mvp wing wont hold

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by hawkfan, Sep 14, 2010.

1. hawkfan

hawkfan Junior Member
    from Iowa

I have a ultra mount mvp that I bought new 4 or 5 years ago. Last year I noticed that the left wing wont hold its position very well and that when I used the plow first thing in the morning it was slow to raise. Told that to the dealer last winter and they serviced it and adjusted the relief valves but that didnt do much for either problem. Another problem I noticed towards the end of last season was when I pushed the up button it didnt seem liked it wanted to do anything, then I would push it again and it would go up. Any ideas on where to start? Could the hand held control be the problem? Thanks for your help.

2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Lots of different things to check but I would start by taking out all the valves and checking for debris and proper movement.

3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

also pull the pilot checks out and look for debris.

4. hawkfan

hawkfan Junior Member
    from Iowa

Do I need to adjust any of the valves or pilot check after I remove them? Or is the only adjustment on the quills? I don't think the owners manual has much info on adjusting. Thanks for the help guys.

5. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Shouldn't need adjusting but you can refer to the mechanics guide on the western website.