1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP wearing edges funny

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Sno4U, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

I have a 2.5 yr old Western MVP plow and its starting to wear the cutting edges funny. They are more worn in the center than at the outer ends. At 1st it was just the right one that was wearing like this but now its both. Are these cutting edges reversible?
  2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

See if your plow is sitting level. There are adjustment for that on the T frame. If the blade doesn't sit leave the edges will wear faster on the inside or the outside faster.
  3. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Now that you mention it I think your probably rite. When the truch was installed /set-up on the truck, it was empty and alot newer. Since then I have taken to having a pallet of salt in it most of the time while plowing. So, I'm sure those original settings are different now. Yes, the salt gets used. I don't just use it for ballast.
    Thank you for the help I didn't know there where adjustments that could be made.