1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP valve? problems

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by backhoedude22, Oct 26, 2008.

1. backhoedude22

backhoedude22 Junior Member

I have an older 8' 6" Uni-Mount MVP and at the end of last season when i would angle, vee etc the blade would stop when i let off of the controller button, it would hold in position for a second or two and then release and start to bleed back. Both sides act the same and it is tough to push heavy snow because both sides bleed back into the vee position. Anyone have any suggestions on what the problem could be? I hate to pay dealer to diagnose it if i don't have to.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it's affecting both wings it may be a fluid contamination issue causing the wing reliefs and/or check valves to leak by.

3. backhoedude22

Obviously if that may be the case i will change the fluid. What else should i do to flush or clean the system and/or fix the valves?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

To do it throughly you'd strip the valve manifold in order to do a top notch clean and inspection of all components, as well as the usual removing and flushing of rams and and hoses that you'd normally do in a contamination issue. But be sure you know what your doing if your going to dig into it that deep. :nod:

5. backhoedude22

I'm not sure sure i'm comfortable with tearing the whole valve block apart although i want to make sure it is done right, and i hate to send it to my local dealer because i'm not a big fan of them.

6. MrDeez

MrDeez Junior Member
    from Midwest

Hey B & B, what if it's only one side bleeding back??? The right wing will lock for a couple of secs then slowly fall back...any suggestions?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Then its likely an issue with either of the two primary or secondary wing relief valves or the pilot check valve for that specific wing. You can pull each of them out and check them for condition/damage or any debris.

8. MrDeez

MrDeez Junior Member
    from Midwest

B&b...

You nailed it. Changed a couple of "O" rings. Also missed the part about seating those little balls correctly...after seating those. Good to go. Thanks again!!

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good to hear its all up and running. :waving: