1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP V Blade Edges Round Fast

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Darafayen, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Darafayen

Darafayen Junior Member

Hey guys i just picked up a new MVP poly 8'6 and the corners are rounding off very fast ive only used it twice this year for a few lots not a lot of plowing at all. Does anyone have a clue why they would ware this quickly? is the plow unlevel? or does it ware a lot when its in scoop mode or something? please let me know if you have a clue! thanks

Jay

2. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

Banging the ground over bumps during travel?

3. Darafayen

Darafayen Junior Member

naw

no my plow sits high even in V. I can't figure it out the rest of the blade looks fine but I use scoop alotso I figured maybe it's wareing because of that. Ut at this rate the blade will be trash after a few mire olows

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like your T-frame is not parallel with the ground. Leveling instructions are in your owner's manual, and available on Western's web site. Basically, when you drop the blade in scoop, the entire blade needs to hit the ground at the same time. You need to make the adjustment with the truck loaded - ballast/counterweight - for plowing.

5. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Does the a-frame/t-frame sit level when the plow is on the ground? If it's inclined at all (either away from the truck, or towards the truck), it will cause the edges to wear as you described.