1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

**mvp unimount**

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by BLK BZT, Nov 18, 2014.

1. BLK BZT

BLK BZT Junior Member

**mvp unimount wing bleeding back**

My MVP right wing will sometimes bleed back towards V from straight position. I haven't really noticed it bleeding back from scoop. Is this a relief valve going bad?
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  2. Grasskickin'

Grasskickin' Junior Member

More than likely yes. I would fix it soon. Ran into a similar problem last year and rode the season out and never thought much of it. First snow this season my right wing would no longer function in scoop mode and i was left with basically a straight blade all night.
  3. BLK BZT

BLK BZT Junior Member

Thanks Grasskickin. The relief valve is the only problem I can come up with. Now I just need to find the right one. How much did the part cost you?
  4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Sounds like crossover relief valve leaking. These can be removed, inspected, cleaned and re-installed. May just be a bit of dirt under the ball valve or a broken spring. They aren't a lot of money, costs more to have someone do it than the part. There are two, one for each angle ram.