1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mvp ultra question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ajcoop20, Dec 6, 2011.

1. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

hey fellas, im going to pick up a nick used 8'6 mvp ultra has the old style head lights and was on a 05 ford f250, going to put it on my 05 dodge 2500, am i right in thinking that i will only have to change my headlight harness, i have a HB5 style lamp and i believe the fords are h13s. iso box's come up the same on westerns webside as do the rest of the cables. getting a steal of a deal at 3,000$ (at least around here for a clean one)
  2. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Yep, should be able to change that harness and the mount and be good to go...
  3. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

bitchin :-D i already have an ultra mount on the truck, so ill just shlep off the ford one to someone on here or craigslist for a couple tree hundo haha. so basically ill have a 2700 mvp :-D sometimes i makemyself think im smart.
  4. big_stroker

big_stroker Senior Member

Damn sounds like a good find.

I didnt use my light harness on my plow since it was for an OBS Ford.

I just have a double toggle switch in the truck for High / Off / Low that way i can use the plow lights and my head lights.