1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mvp ultra hook up

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by skippy867, Jan 11, 2011.

1. skippy867

skippy867 Member

i have a western ultra mount mvp on my silerado. ijust put new tires on my truck and went from a 265 to a 285. now when i drive into the plow to hook it up it dont go in all the way, it seems to be hanging up because it sits to low now that my truck is higher. i was just wondering if there is a way to adjust the plow so it sits higher so the next time it goes in smoother. it did go in alittle diffucult berfore but not this bad. i think i pushed the blade half way thru the yard trying to hook it up ..lol:realmad:

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Using bigger changes the height..

Why did you go from a 265 to a 285??

3. skippy867

skippy867 Member

i know it changes the height on my truck. I just wanted a taller tire on my truck b/c i dont like the way it looks with the smaller ones. i need to know if i can adjust the plow so that when its sitting off the truck it will be higher to match the height of the mounts on the truck. thanks

4. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

It's possible that when you take the plow back off that the feet on the stand assemblies will have enough travel to accomodate the new height of the truck. Simply taking the plow off the truck, and then backing away will tell you. If not, you may have to re-configure the configuration plates on the lower lift frame to accomodate the new height of the truck and/or adjust the roll pins which control the travel on the stand shoes.

BTW... tires that look cool, size-wise, don't typically plow good. Short, skinny, gay looking tires plow best... just sayin'. :)

5. skippy867

skippy867 Member

cubic inch. i have already tried taking it of and putting in back on. the feet do touck the ground when i unlatch it but for whatever reason dont seem to be the right height the next time i try and hook up. how do i reonfigure the frame like you stated. p.s. i didnt change my tire width just my height. goodyear wragaler dura tracs

6. twinman326

Okkk.. I might jump in and help a little..You might have to change your configuration because you change the height.

I don't know what configuration your setup is at the moment.Only you can tell us so we can assist you better. If you don't have the "stacking stop" on most likely your configuration is #1 or #2 (13" to 16" in height). The way to tell is look at the plates. The pass side(plow lights facing forward), the pivot plate should be "A" (bevel side up) and on the other side the plate should be "B" (bevel side down).

To achieve the next height #3(16" to 17.5") or #4 (17.5 to 19")" the plates have to be flip. "A" plate flat side up. Pivot plate "B" flat side up. If you end up using configuration #4, you have to install the "stacking stop".

changepivotA.jpg
    changepivotB.jpg

Also your stands also have to be re-adjusted according to the configuration you change to.But you might be able just changing the stand configuration..I don't know if it will work..
    standshoe.jpg

Or here is the bad news, you have to take the plow apart to change the configuration..Sorry

I would of brought better tire instead of changing the size..

changepivotA.jpg

changepivotB.jpg

standshoe.jpg

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  7. skippy867

skippy867 Member

thanks twinman, this was the kinda info i was looking for. i will have to take a look at what kinda config. i have set up now. i bought the plow used last year so it might not have been right for me from the start. when its set up right should i be able to drive into the plow with ease and not have to ram it in there b/c thats how its been since ive had it. also where did you find this info, i've looked everywhere for it on the web. thanks again

8. twinman326

If you had problems from day one when you brought the plow, then the configuration is off.......I don't know how far your mount is off the ground.Measure from the top of the receiver to the ground before you change the configuration..That will give you and idea which configuration to use..

measure.jpg

Oh, that a secret.I will never tell :)
    http://www.pdfdownload.org/pdf2html....com/ddcommon/dd_pdf/pdfs/44229.04_080106.pdf

Oh boy i'm in trouble now :dizzy:

measure.jpg

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  9. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

If you don't ahve to reconfigure try this, I read it on hear and it makes it a breeze to remove and mount.

Put the plow in float and push the lift ram in all the way, lower the stands like normal, then push the light bar towards the truck and while you are holding it step on the stands this will push it downa little farther, repeat for the otherside and disconnect the wiring and you are done.

By doing it this way you will take all the weight off of your truck mount and it will come right off. This should help when you hook it up to. I usually had to wrestle mine on if it was in the shop on the concrete. Hope this helps.