1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP sloppy pins

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by toyman, Jan 1, 2009.

1. toyman

toyman Senior Member

I have an MVP that seems like the center pin and cylinder pins (at the blade) are loose. Is there a fix for that? I did a search, I can't be the person with this issue.

It's not so bad that I can't use the plow, but if I can take it apart and fix it this summer I will.

Any ideas?

Toyman

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That's the same as the Fisher XV? Yes, there are problems with the center pins. Pick your blade up, and set the wings straight, square with the truck. Try to lift the ends of the wings up and down. Drivers side will probably be worse. Fisher/Western is aware there is a problem. Go back to your dealer. Hopefully they will pony up and order the new parts for you.

3. toyman

toyman Senior Member

Yeah it moves more on the drivers side. I wouldn't expect they would step up and send parts for a 5 year old plow though, would they?

I'll get ahold of my local guy and see what he says.

Anymore info on the fix for this would be helpful.

Thanks

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The fix is a new center pin and new wing(s). If it were me, I would find a local metal worker and make a pin out of stainless and add grease fittings to the wings at the pivot pin.

5. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

It's called wear n tear . The hole eventually becomes elongated.

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

One of mine has play like that and I wish the others did too. They clean 10x better when theyre worn in some.

7. toyman

toyman Senior Member

I understand wear & tear. What I really wanted was what anyone has done to fix there plow.

8. Turbodiesel

Weld the hole back up , and re-drill it . Simple

9. Turbodiesel

what he said.