1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP Question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by roadrunner1340, Dec 22, 2012.

1. roadrunner1340

roadrunner1340 Junior Member

My first time out with my MVP and found that when I had the blade in the straight position it would push the cylinders back into the vee mode slowly. I was plowing a snow that was wet and turned into ice more than anything but wondered if this is common? I also changed my fluid and question wether it was just air in the lines.
  2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Sounds like your pressure relief valves are set too low. If the snow you were pushing was really hard and heavy then it is normal and you were just pushing too hard. On a new plow it might be air but that would dissipate very quickly after using it for a few minutes. If it continues after hours of use it is not air.
  3. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

This must be the problem with mine. My left wing leaks down. Brand new ram on that side too. Must be the pressure valve. So just increase the the screw setting then?
  4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Yes there should be a screw adjustment but don't just turn it in. Look up the correct setting and put it where it should be. If you set it too high you risk blowing your rams or hoses etc.
  5. roadrunner1340

roadrunner1340 Junior Member

will those instructions be in the service manual?
  6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yes it should be