1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mvp pump wont quit running

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by becpropertymain, Oct 14, 2010.

1. becpropertymain

becpropertymain Member

hey guys need alittle help here just got my new 9.6 mvp (thanks Jim) the install went just fine filled it full of fluid and was going to start to bleed out the air so as soon as i plug the power in to the plow the pump starts running. what gives can anyone steer me in the right direction thanks for the help guys

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like the solenoid is stuck,allowing constant juice to the motor,could also be a faulty controll.

Or....
    If you did all the wiring yourself,you may have hooked 12 volts to the same side of the solenoid.

3. becpropertymain

becpropertymain Member

i will check the head gear it was already put together i just had t wire the truck side, run the hydro lines and put the blade together :mechanic:

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

the solenoid is on the plow if it is brand new. it may be stuck on. grab a test light and check to see if it is indeed stuck. check the small terminals on the solenoid. one is ground, the other is activate. you can disconnect the power wire at the motor until you figure it out.

5. becpropertymain

becpropertymain Member

ill give it a shot thanks

6. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I had the exact same issue with my MVP late last year. If you turn to the trouble shooting section of your users manual you'll see a section that addresses this problem. It says that you should check the solenoid which is what my problem was. I slipped in a new one and I was good to go.

7. becpropertymain

becpropertymain Member

well guys i just got the new solenoid and no good the pump still runs and it doesn't matter if the controler is pluged in or not and yes i made sure it was wired correctly now what please help my local dealer is no help to me at all

8. Arc Burn

Plow controll module out on the pump.

9. becpropertymain

becpropertymain Member

well looks like i will be calling jim at esi because the local dealer wants me to pay for the parts untill they get rembersed from western :mad:

10. becpropertymain

becpropertymain Member

okay so i put the new module on and great the pump doesnt run anymore but the controller wont turn on now what im starting to think i should have just bought it from a local company then this would all be there problem

11. becpropertymain

becpropertymain Member

anybody?????????

12. fabcraftinc

fabcraftinc Member

There are 4-- 4 amp mini fuses on the plow side harness. There is also a 7.5 amp fuse on your truck side harness. Check all of these fuses. It is possible you went directly to ground when you made your module and solenoid switch.

13. becpropertymain

becpropertymain Member

all fuses are good

14. LON

LON Senior Member

Is your local dealer in Prospect?

15. Arc Burn

Check the fuse you tapped for 12v switched power,it may have back fed and blown that,otherwise it may have just blown the pc board in the controll,check for 12v at your square plug in the cab first

16. becpropertymain

becpropertymain Member

so still no working plow i just put a new harness in the truck and it still does not work the controller will not turn on now what im at about my wits end i never should have switched from boss!!

17. Arc Burn

You need to verify your 12v switched power IS STILL GOOD,didn't blow a fuse and your not hooked on the dead side,after that check with a known good controll,not sure how far into PA you are,i'm 45 min across to NY,if your up for the drive i'll fix ya.

18. becpropertymain

becpropertymain Member

I grab power off of the same wire i have that my salter control hooked to it is a fused line straight from the battery and the salter works so i know i have power there and nobody around me that owns a vee plow so i cant borrow someone elses controler

19. becpropertymain

becpropertymain Member

and i am 20 minutes north of pittsburgh

20. Arc Burn

With the plow hooked up,unhook your controll and check for power at the #1 pin,it will be the red wire by itself(the other red will have another wraped around it)
    Also check the #4(all black,nothing around it) for ground
    If these check out,it's your controll,otherwise your going back thru the harness