1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP pro plus problems

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by FSUPERDUTY, Jan 14, 2009.

1. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

been having problems with the joystick flashing and all functions stoping.the first time it happened i unplugged it out side of the truck and all has been fine.but know its doing it again and unplgging and replugging doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I'm afraid to take it in because with all the snow wew are getting I don't think they would take me any way.but it's under warrenty and i don't want to have to buy any thing expensive either! any thing I can look at myself? Thanks!

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Imagine where i found the answer?

Control power light is blinking----

Poor connection, Damaged control or damaged control module.

-Make sure all all plugs are properly connected
    -If all plugs are connected, install a working controller. If problem is corrected, replace PC board and or coiled cord in damaged unit.
    -If problem is not corrected with working control, replace module.

3. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

Trying to figure out if you get off on being a Dick head or what!! But i guess Asking for Help on this site makes me Stupid.I did all that and all it told me was if its plugged in you need a new controler or a brain box! Turns out loose connections else were will cause the same problems but it asumes you are a western tech and might know what else to check and I'm not and that is why I asked in the first place. A new controller or brain box would not have fixed it of course your so smart to look it up you probably already new that!

4. Crash935

I am glad that you did figure it out and are back up and running.

5. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

I'm sorry for getting P.O.ed but I did do a search and I did look on westerns site.I don't have a spare controler or brain box. Turns out the motor and the solinoid wiring was snug and it needs to be tight!

6. Crash935

Dont you hate lose nuts?

Keep some greae or FF on the terminals, keeps the corrosion out and its a heck of alot easier to get the nuts back off if you have to repalce something.