1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP PRO on 1997 F250?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by pbjunkie92, Dec 19, 2009.

1. pbjunkie92

pbjunkie92 Member

Hey there guys, I just bought a 1997 f250 for my landscaping...however here recently I have put some thought into getting a plow for it as well. Question is can I put the ultramount on it and get the MVP PRO? Had this in the western thread I just thought some kind ford people could offer opinions as well.

1997 F250 4X4

any help would be appreciated I am new to plows.:help:
  2. pbjunkie92

pbjunkie92 Member

3. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes you can. Look it up on Western's Quicl Match.
  4. pbjunkie92

pbjunkie92 Member

quick match offers no more than the midweight due to weight.. That is why I put this thread here just to be 100% sure.
  5. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Ahh, sissy dealers follow what Quick Match says. My Colorado should only have a Homesteader on it. Shop around you will find someone who will put on whatever you want.

***The first sentance is a joke, I know its a liability thing.***
  6. MustangFox302HO

MustangFox302HO Junior Member
    from Mass

ahh isn't that a v-plow ? i wouldnt put it on that truck unless you plan on doing the dana 60 soild axle conversion. i have seen those old 7.3 F-250 sagg from just being old never mind putting a 1,000 # plow on it. i have the same truck with a fisher 8.6 extreme v and i didnt even attempt to run it with out the conversion and i only have a small block in my truck
  7. pbjunkie92

pbjunkie92 Member

well thank you all for the replys. However the truck was totaled on new years eve by a drunk driver.
  8. Kelsey

Kelsey Member

Very good idea. I've seen them crack also even without a plow. that's really the only reason I wouldn't want one otherwise great truck! Could use an intercooler on the Diesels also.

Sorry about Your truck man :gunsfiring::drinkup:
  9. pbjunkie92

pbjunkie92 Member

Yeah no kdding...the guy was "trying" to turn down the street..ran up through the yard and hit the truck sitting in the driveway. but im glad...becsause had it not been there he wouldve run through the livingroom...where i was seeping:sleeping:

The worst part is..I bought it from my GF's dad..and I was at her house when it happened. 1 year ago when they first moved in the truck was hit while it was parked on the side of the street....hit in the same spot:cry:
  10. Andy's Beast

Andy's Beast Member

Ouch! Now you get to play how much was the truck worth with the insurance company:dizzy:
  11. pbjunkie92

pbjunkie92 Member

well..with a bit more than 300,000 miles im gonna say not as much as i would like.:cry: