1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mvp plus

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by skferreri, Jan 26, 2009.

1. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

I was wondering if there was any mid season maintence that the plow needs.My buddy said that the center post or rod is suppost to be greased mid season,and if so how in the hell you grease it.
  2. jjmcnace

jjmcnace Member
    from Iowa

There is not any grease zerks on the plow for some reason. I think it could use some in a few places. I just spray mine with white lithium grease or Silicone spray when it starts to squeak.
  3. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

I have been using LPS Red/Redi Grease on my center pin for the last 4 years.
    It's also good for trip edge pivot pins.
    Piston pivot pins.
    Ultra mount foot pivot.
    Basically any moving part on the plow.

I also spray it on my pistons in the spring when putting it in storage to prevent pitting. (wipe off in fall before first use)
    Battery terminals
    Trailer couplers.
    Trailer electrical connectors.

I also use it in place of dielectric grease on my plow's connectors.
    NOTE! I put my plow on the truck in the fall and leave it on all season, I have no idea if this grease makes the connectors harder to disconnect when it is cold.

You can Google < LPS 05816 > to read about it and then go to your local auto store and find an equivalent.

By the way over the years some of the cans contents came out red and others black, but it always smelled the same.
    Like I was told about 10 years ago by a Nurse when I went into a room to unplug a clogged toilet at the old folks home.
    She said "Don't get any on you"
    Yea good idea...I never would have thought of that.

Good luck