1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP Plus ?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by FSUPERDUTY, Aug 26, 2007.

1. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

I just purchased a 8.6 MVP Plus last friday.The dealer is building the blade and I installed the frame saturday and the wiring today.What i would like to know is when using this blade say I am windrowing to the left and I want to go to the scoop mode will it do it or do I have to go to a neautral position first.what if i am in transport in the v position and want to drop the blade and start plowing on the run, can i angle right or left and go or do I have to straiten the blade and then move it were I want it.My last V-plow was a Boss and you could very easily do what you wanted with it.I would like to find out how this works as quickly as possible because they may not have it built yet so I might be able to change it to something else! Thanks to all

2. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

mine mvp is older one but it got the hand handel control there a mode bottom you need to push to run in vee or scoop modes . if don't push it it run like a stright blade both side are lock and angle together .

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Click this link -----> http://www.4qte.com/snow_plows_western_mvpplus.html#

Then scroll down to the picture of the controller and click it...it takes you to an interactive screen where you can use the controller with your mouse to try out different things. It's hard to explain so just try it out :waving:

4. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Yes it will do it. It doesn't have to go back into a neutral position.

If you're in Vee and want to drop it and plow snow off to the left, just simply press the right wing button and the right wing will swing out and the blade will be straight and fully angled to the left.

I hope this helps answer your questions.

5. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

Thanks Duncan that was the answers I was looking for! It seems a little more complex than my boss was but I think I will be able to adapt.