1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mvp Plus

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by PremierSnowPlow, Feb 28, 2016.

1. PremierSnowPlow

PremierSnowPlow Senior Member

I just picked up a mvp plus, when the plow is in straight it has a gap in the center. Is there a way to close that a little more? Or are the center cutting edges bent a little?

[​IMG]

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

That's normal and yes if you slot the pieces you tighten the gap.

If I open my computer later I'll post pictures

3. PremierSnowPlow

If you could, thanks! I definitely want to tighten up that gap.

4. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

You can slot the 2 center pcs and move them closer together but you will have to do it everytime you replace the edge. If you can slot the pcs behind it that they bolt to you only have to do it once. I thought the western factory replacment edges were slotted.

5. PremierSnowPlow

Thanks, I'll do it this week. Supposed to get 5-8 on Tuesday and 8-12 on Wednesday but who knows. Rochester is hit and miss when it comes to that kind of thing. Here the plow, picked it up for 1500$ with the controller.
    [​IMG]

6. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

Nice find... Do your self a favor and get a set of the western wings for it they are worth the money. I have 2 MVP plus and both have the western wings.

7. PremierSnowPlow

They welded on pins for older style wings. I'm gonna tear it down and re paint it this summer. Maybe buy a set of wings for it.

8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

9. PremierSnowPlow

Thanks I'll take a look when I get home from work today

10. UltraLwn&Lndscp

UltraLwn&Lndscp Senior Member

Premier, I am certain you are on my side of town, Gates. (I have gotten your advertisements in my mailbox.Thumbs Up) I would be willing to give you a hand or just have a look and talk if you want. Shoot me a PM to swap phone numbers. Up to you.

11. PremierSnowPlow

Someone in gates is running around with my business name it looks like haha I'm in Greece.. Mainly north of ridge and east of north Greece road. We serviced a track out in gates a few years ago off of Whittier rd. Maybe 10-12 drives on blue heron dr. I will pm you my number.

12. PremierSnowPlow

Got the plow hooked up today and the driver side headlight won't work. Bought a new bulb thinking it was blown and that's not the case.

13. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

It may be the module. When that happened to mine a couple years ago, that is what it ended up being.

14. PremierSnowPlow

Everything else works on it just as it should though.

15. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

I think I read about it on this site. I had a extra Module at the house and put it in and the lights started working again. That also was with a MVP Plus.

16. PremierSnowPlow

Worked with my other plow. My driver side headlight is also out on my truck when I unplug the plow.