1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP Plus - XT

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Mr. Jon, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Mr. Jon

Mr. Jon Senior Member
    from Jersey

I like Western plows and would like to upgrade from an 8' Pro Plus to an 8'6" MVP Plus. But I really like the design of the Boss V-XT. Anyone know if Western will be coming out with a V plow similar to the Boss V-XT?
  2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

What are you looking for in the difference? If it is the higher outer wing to increase snow throwing then Fishers extreme v plow has a raised outer wing to do the same thing (same company and same hydraulics and design pretty much as western). But it is only a couple of inches higher as I think the boss design is 7 or 8 inches higher at the end. And if you look at the meyers new v plow it has the same design as the boss with the increased outer wing edge to increase snow curl and throwing ability. I have not heard anything about western changing the style of there v plows anytime soon. THe boss are great plows and move alot of snow so if you want that style then switch. I know plenty of guys who have great success with them.
  3. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Then go get a Boss V, you won't be disappointed.
  4. Mr. Jon

Mr. Jon Senior Member
    from Jersey

Yes Burkarts it's the higher outer wing. We have four plow trucks all with Western plows, and our local western dealer does not carry Boss. So for parts & service convenience I want to stay with the same brand on all four trucks. I just don't want to buy an MVP plus and then the following year Western comes out with a new higher outer wing v plow.
  5. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I work at a Western dealer as a factory trained installer and I have heard nothing about any changes planned for the MVP or MVP plus. What you see is what you get for now anyway.
  6. Mr. Jon

Mr. Jon Senior Member
    from Jersey

Thanks, basically the answer I was looking for.Thumbs Up