1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mvp plus wings

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by kcbc74, Jan 30, 2011.

1. kcbc74

kcbc74 Junior Member
    from ohio

Can anyone tell me how wide the add on wing kits for the mvp plus are? part #44510

2. captadamnj

captadamnj Senior Member

They add 6" apiece plowing when straight (making your total clearing width +1' when straight if you have them both on), about 4" leading angle, about 9" trailing angle (in crude image below, leading angle at top, trailing angle at bottom). Assumes blade is the "straight" angled position. Dimensions would change slightly in the various dogleg positions. Wings themselves are about 12" from where they contact the blade to their edges. HTH.

|
    /
    /
    _/

Are you looking to buy a set or do you already have them?

3. kcbc74

kcbc74 Junior Member
    from ohio

Thinking about getting a set.

4. kcbc74

kcbc74 Junior Member
    from ohio

Thank you for answering my question I have looked for a couple weeks and asked several dealers and no one has given me a strait answer. All I get is "they add 30% capacity" which doesn't help me any. Again thanks

5. captadamnj

captadamnj Senior Member

I just put an 8.5 MVP on my truck. Had a Pro Plus with the wings. Bought the wings for the MVP because they were such a huge improvement on the straight blade. Have plowed twice now with the MVP and still haven't used the wings. There were a couple times I thought about putting them on, but it probably wouldn't have saved me other than a couple of clean up runs. If you have a couple of big wide open lots where you are mostly windrowing with the MVP, then I would say they are worth it. Otherwise, I'm not sure they are. I'm not even sure if I'm going to keep mine. If you decide to get a set, let me know, maybe we'll work something out. Sorry that pic with the slashes didn't come out quite right, but it sounds like you got the idea. Looked good in preview!

6. kcbc74

kcbc74 Junior Member
    from ohio

I will keep you in mind when i decide. I do have 2 large lots that i do windrow and thats why i am checking on the wings. Other local guys have them and they keep tellin me to get a set "it will cut alot of time off".

7. captadamnj

captadamnj Senior Member

Then they will surely be great for that.