1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mvp plus vs mvp3

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by howardg3, Sep 14, 2015.

1. howardg3

howardg3 Junior Member
    from name

Looking at adding plow to my fleet currently running mvp plus. Just wonder if there is any great advantage to buy mvp3 or just stick with mvp plus? Or if any has had mvp plus and switched to mvp3 and was it worth the switch ?
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Windrowing large parking lots are fun.

TLSIMMONS Member

I have both and think both are great plows ,but don't see no great big advantage from one to the other.
  4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

We've had some people trade up. But we still sell lots of both. The other differences - besides the taller wings - would be the larger pivot pin and beefed up wings in that area, plus the 2" lift ram instead of 1-1/2". Pretty good material difference for the difference in price, IMO.
  5. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing Senior Member

I went from the 8ft pro plus straight to the MVP3, LOVE IT.

I plowed thru about 3.5 feet of snow with it and it went thru it like a hot knife thru butter.

I like the taller wings, I think it throws the snow higher when I'm plowing.

I also think when it's V'd you can get more snow into it because of the higher wings and less over flow.

I do know switching has cut my plowing time down.

Sites that took a hour before, I now do in 30-45 minutes with the MVP3.

Doesn't sound like much but saving 15 - 30 minutes, with 10 sites even at 15 that cuts my time down by 2.5 hours, that allows me to pick up a few more contracts.
  6. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

Love the MVP3 over the plus. I have had both. Just like every one else said love the higher sides and it will throw some snow. I have the wings on as well and it will move some snow.
  7. howardg3

howardg3 Junior Member
    from name

Is your mvp3 8.6 or 9.6 and how much width per side does wing add?
  8. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

The plow is a 8.6 and the wings add another foot to each side, so 10.6 as a straight blade. The wings are worth every penny.

photo 2.JPG