1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP Plus Question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by GETSOME!, Jan 17, 2008.

1. GETSOME!

GETSOME! Junior Member

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum. Looks like a lot of useful info!

Anyways, got a western MVP plus, new at the end of last winter. This is the first winter I have really used it. Its been back to the shop 5 times so far. 4 of the times were for an electrical problem with the controller. I found out this last time that apparantly there has been a recall on these, but it takes up to two months to get the replacement from Western as they are on backorder.

I also had it in the shop because I had a hydraulic cylinder on the right wing go out on me. It would bleed off and go back into the Vee position just by pushing on it with your hand. It turned out that there was a relief valve or something that wasn't properly seated.

Its really aggrevating that it always seems to break down on me when I need it the most. I thought Westerns were a decent plow, but now wishing I went with a Meyer or Fischer.

Has anyone else on here had any problems like this or is it just my bad luck that I got a lemon?

2. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

I have a MVP and have had no problems with mine sounds like you got a lemon

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

No problems with my MVP yet...knock on wood. Who did your install? Maybe they F'd something up...?

4. GETSOME!

GETSOME! Junior Member

Do you guys have an MVP or an MVP Plus? I guess its the pluses that have the recall. I had a local Western/Meyer dealer put it on. They did a buddy of mine's too, but it was a straight blade....but no problems electrical wise.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Both of the problems you encountered are fairly common on the MVP's... too bad the dealer obviously didn't know that. May have saved you some headaches if they'd have known.