1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP Plus problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by cet, Dec 23, 2012.

1. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I'll try to explain this as best I can. I have 2 MVP + plows. Last night the one wouldn't work most of the time. We gave up and took it back to the shop. So today I went up and tried these things. First I took the joystick controller from the working plow and hooked it up to the plow/truck that wouldn't work. It still didn't work, there was a faint click but the motor wouldn't run. I think took the handheld controller from the truck/plow that wouldn't work and put it on the other truck/plow and everything worked perfect, thus ruling out the controller. I then switched the plows from truck to truck. The truck that wasn't working would run the other plow fine, ruling out problems on the truck side. I then took the non working plow and put it on the working truck and it still wouldn't work. On the solenoid I have power coming in from the battery and both small terminals also have power. There wasn't anyone there to help me so I couldn't see if the power would jump across the solenoid when I used the controller. If you play with the controller long enough it would work but only for a couple of seconds. I tapped the solenoid a few times and when I went to try it it worked for 4 or 5 times up and down but then quit again. My quess is the solenoid but without a dealer open today I couldn't get one and wanted some thoughts if these might be the reason. Plus why are both small terminals live?

2. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

If you need I have some new standard solenoid's that are just kicking around and on Christmas Day I will be in keswick for dinner and could drop one for you somewhere.

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

That would be great, I will let you know. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to see if they have one. My wife is having an operation tomorrow, then Christmas and then snow for wednesday. I would like to get it done tomorrow so I can be with her when she gets out tomorrow if they let her out. My shop is almost in Keswick, just south.

4. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

No problem. Wish your wife well.

I am sure I can find you. Grandparents are at 5 corners, Christmas is at aunts on lake drive. Old homestead is in Sharon.

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I'm sure you know the area well.

Some nice homes in Sharon.

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

New solenoid and all is good to go. Happy for that with the forecast.