1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mvp plus poly

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by green frog, Dec 1, 2014.

1. green frog

green frog Senior Member

I put a new mvp poly on my 2014 f250 and when I back drag the left wing folds forward almost every time. the right side seems to hold. Is there a adjustment to fix or just a v blade thing? First one I ever owned. Second can you get a longer ram to get more lift height on the plow? I have chain maxed out already.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Rod end relief valve may be set a bit weak. As for the lift, are hitting the stacking stops? If western uses stacking stops. Chain can always be shortened.

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Crossover relief valve has dirt in it or spring is broken. New plow? Take it back for warranty repair. Lift height should be more than enough with the ram it was shipped with. Tightening the chains is not the answer unless they are not correctly set. Put the plow all the way down and hold the down button until the green float light comes on. Leave the ignition on (to keep it in float) then get out and push the lift frame down until the lift ram is completely retracted. Now unhook the chain and reconnect it at tight as possible, done. There will be a bit of slack in the chain but this is needed to allow the blade to follow the contours in the road. Now lift the blade to max and see if the a-frame hits the cross bar on the upper lift frame. If it does then it won't go higher unless the "stacking stop" is installed. That is a blocking device that goes between the a-frame and the crossbar. But if you take that off and you need it then it may cause problems. Stacking stops are normally required on vehicles that are very high, having lift kits, leveling kits or really big tires. Specs on the Pro-plow four position config says anything over 16" from ground to top of plow receiver needs stacking stops.

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Have not had one single Fisher come in new that did not need the chain adjusted. This is on XV's, XLS or straight blades. Only thing I haven't had to adjust the a chain on is the HT because there is no chain.

EDIT Also don't believe there is any crossover valve on these pumps. D&D used straight relief valves this why there is 6 of them.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  5. green frog

green frog Senior Member

Mishnick I did the chain just like that not a issue i gues. Just used to straight blades on lifted trucks so it was easier to approach garage door and clear the drift and back drag. I will take it in and have wing adjusted under warranty. Thanks all

6. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Since it's a V blade there is no crossover relieve valve that goes from one ram to the other like on the straight blade. On Vs the relief valve goes from the front of the ram to the back and since the displacement is different from front to back there are secondary valves that allow that difference in volume to bleed off. You are correct as well about the number, there are six on MVP+ and four on the regular MVP. Still your point is valid, my terminology was incorrect, they are not really crossover relief valves as we know them. Never the less, its one of these six valves that is leaking down and since it is new let them fix it.