1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP Plus plow operation

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bradobert, Dec 25, 2008.

1. bradobert

bradobert Junior Member

This is my first vplow. I had it mounted this morning. After fooling around with it today I've found it very confusing to control. Is there a hint/tip I'm missing on operating the plow? Like maybe a centering function? Do I literally have to adjust each blade individually in order to go from scoop to straight blade when approaching the curb? I did try using the "retract" function, but without being able to see the plow I can't tell the angle.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

You have probably figured out that there are 3 modes to the controller.

1st one is straight blade mode, get the blade in a straight line and then just use the left and right buttons to angle the blade.

2nd is scoop and vee, blade can be in any jposition and the pump will move the blade to the selected position.

3rd is is each wing seperate, first push on the left or right button will move that wing out, 2nd push will move the wing back.

When your in scoop and hit retract it will bring both wings back (one wing will be a touch faster than the other). As for seeing the blade, if you dont have "idiot sticks" on the the blade, get some to help give you an idea of where the end of the wings are at. Keep playing with the controller and just like plowing with a straight blade it will become natural.
  3. fortydegnorth

fortydegnorth Senior Member

I'm assuming you have the newer controller with the seperate buttons for scoop, vee, L. wing and R. wing. If you are in the scoop position and want to go to the straight position just hit the V button untill it gets close to straight. This will move both wings at the same time. The only way to guarantee it is straight is to put the plow in a total right or left angle then just use your center left and right arrow buttons to move the plow as a unit to the center position. Its diffferent if you have the older controller with the mode button. You must push or push and hold the mode button to change the controlls over to scoop/ V or to adjust the wings independently. I have both and the mode button controller sucks in my opinion. Practice makes perfect with any plow, it takes a couple snows to memorize the functions and quick the routine down.
  4. bradobert

bradobert Junior Member

Thx guys, yes i do have the idiot sticks on there. I'll pay attention to them.

Of course now that I've mounted the plow yesterday, it quit snowing and none in the forecast for the next 10 days, hehe.