1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP Plus or Prodogy "On the Fence"

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by PlowBoy322, Dec 3, 2013.

1. PlowBoy322

PlowBoy322 Junior Member

New MVP plus, 3 times to dealer. Never seen snow yet. Hydrolics hanging up on Left swing only. They have 14 hours as of now trying to figure it out. They told me I can get another plow. Should I stay with what I got or swtch all together. I like the idea of the the Prodogy. But moving to Northern Michigan next year.
  2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

If your going to northern mi I would stay with the vplow for getting thru drifts!
  3. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

4. NortheastSNO

NortheastSNO Member

I'm thinking the same thing. Plan on adding another truck next year and not sure what to go with. I currently run a 8-1/2' Pro Plus with wings.

Like the idea of the prodigy however from all the videos that I have seen, an pictures it does not look as commercial grade as the Pro Plus. we plow larger lots and need something that is capable of holding up. Also not sure if it comes in a bigger size.

Used V Plow for the first time last year and was sold, what normally took me 1 hour to complete took 30 mins.

So you see my issues.

Love the Wideout however just to much stuff to go wrong in my opinion
  5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

We just bought another Extreme V for our little fleet and honestly, I wish I would have bought a wide out! We put the way over priced Fisher wings on trying to get more width and the first curb I ran into the other night (barely moving!) bent the one side all up. Its now at the dealership seeing if they can straighten the wing. My point is V's have their purpose like going through 3ft high drifts that are very long but other than that...The Prodigy is a Blizzard Speed Wing design and looks like a purposeful plow but if you need to "shrink" the plow you can't, what about a power plow, with that you seem to get the best of all plows. But if I had to choose between the two you said I might lean towards the Prodigy.
  6. NortheastSNO

NortheastSNO Member

I just wish the prodigy came in a larger size. 8-1/2 or 9