1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP plus Motor constantly runs

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 94formy, Jan 17, 2011.

1. 94formy

94formy Junior Member

Went out this morning to plow and was having trouble getting the plow to function. Then I was able to get the plow to function but the pump motor wouldn't shut off, functions fine but the motor constantly runs. If I function the plow more the motor will shut off so it's pretty sparatic when it happens, any thoughts?
  2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

It could be your controller malfunctioning. Try hooking up another controller?

Solenoid (motor relay) could be sticking, or on it way out. Did you try cleaning all the wires attach to the relay making sure they are making good contact??

Here are some test you can perform

Did you check the plug connector (grill) to make sure they were clean?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  3. turfy49431

turfy49431 Junior Member

tap the solenoid with something, if it shuts off then you have a solenoid thats sticking and needs to be replaced. I just had it happen to mine two weeks ago.
  4. dm5.9

dm5.9 Member

also check the grounds, I had this problem and the one flip on the ground that comes off the solenoid motor was broken so the ground wasnt making a good contact and was causing the motor to run constantly
  5. 94formy

94formy Junior Member

ended up being the solenoid thanks for the help.