1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP Plus loosing oil

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by NCat496, Jan 11, 2010.

1. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Before the season I had it serviced and after a few hours of pushing I checked the oil and it was 3/4 of a quart low. Now i checked it with the piston all the way down and it in the V position. After getting out of the truck a few hours later there was fluid all over the pump. I know the MVP's have an issue with the breather cap but i keep loosinf more fliud out of the cap. If i put more in it wont hold it and is sounds like the motor starts to struggle with it gets low. Any suggestions? What are my next steps. It is still warranty too.
  2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

If it still underneath warranty, I would bring it back and have them fix it right........
  3. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

I dont have time right now, we are getting hammered with snow and his hours arent that great.
  4. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

Is it comming from the breather cap??
  5. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Yes, I mentioned that