1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP Plus Deflectors

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by GETSOME!, Jan 27, 2008.

GETSOME! Junior Member

I bought a 8.5' MVP last winter but it didn't come with the rubber deflector on the top. The dealer said they no longer come with them. Anyone else run into this? If so, has anyone made their own? Is there an aftermarkert place where i could buy a set of deflectors for my v-plow?
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

My MVP didn't come with one, it was considered an add on. I don't remember what I paid but it seemed like a lot.

GETSOME! Junior Member

Does it work very well? I noticed the MVPs don't have as much curve to the blade as the straight push (like the pro-plus) ones do. I thought that if there wasn't as much overhang at the top, they may be pointless.
  4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I think it works well. I didn't put a deflector on my Boss right away and I couldn't even go 5mph without snow coming over the top. I think it's a necessity for all plows.
  5. Bobby Blaze

Bobby Blaze Member

I was thinking about going to the local fisher dealer and looking at their sno-foil setup to see if theres anyway to modify it to fit mine, you would think that western and fisher being owned by dd that you'd be able to.
  6. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Not having the rubber deflector is a major complaint!!! You can not plow over 5mph without it unless the snow is slush. The brand name is about $225. You can get angle iron and rubber felt from some truck stores for about $70.