1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP Plus cutting edge

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by FSUPERDUTY, Jan 9, 2009.

1. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

This plow was new last year and we did have alot of snow,but we are a month into this season and my cutting edge is shot! Does any body offer a better cutting edge for these blades? I had a Boss v for five seasons and it still had the original edges these just seem to wear really fast to me!

2. TRKling

TRKling Member

I went through a cutting edge on an MVP Plus mid-way through last winter, and it was a brand new plow. Took it back to the Western Dealer and there was a recall on plow regarding the cutting edge.

The cutting edge steel was rolling at the bottom. The replaced them free of charge - was told it only affected a small number, but if the steel looks/feels rolled on the bottom, worth checking out.

Its the new style cutting edge without the boot.

3. KLM Service

KLM Service Junior Member

Ditto on the recall. Western replaced mine after 1 1/2 seasons. My dealer gave me the run around, so went to another dealer. Needless to say I now have a new dealer.

Good luck

4. fortydegnorth

fortydegnorth Senior Member

I have the older style and it wears pretty fast too. The bad news is they are about $300 from a dealer.

5. jjmcnace

jjmcnace Member
    from Iowa

I just put the 3rd cutting edge on my MVP and have not finished 2 full seasons yet. I do have a lot of plowing each storm. The edge that came with the blade was only 3/8" thick and lasted about 2 months. Second edge was 1/2" and lasted about 2.5 months. I could probably get 4 more snowfalls out of it, but replaced it because I wanted to add Pro Wings. I agree for $300 + they should be harder steel and last longer.