1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mvp plus cutting edge on older mvp, anyone done it??

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by duckyager, Dec 6, 2008.

1. duckyager

duckyager Junior Member

anyone ever done it or know if it's possible to put a cutting edge off of a mvp plus v plow onto a last generation mvp v plow.

2. awagner9

awagner9 Member
    from NW Ohio

Sorry never heard of that. Ever heard turning cutting edge over?
  3. aspenplow

aspenplow Member

Ever heard of a Vplow? You know they move they move in the center! You can't flip the cutting edge!
  4. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I've never tried it, but if I had to guess, I would say that it isn't a direct bolt on. Although, I'm sure with enough drilling, cutting and welding it would be possible. It would be nice to eliminate the rubber puck on the MVPs. The Plus cutting edges are so expensive though, I wonder if it would even be worth it. The cheapest prices I have found were $110 for the MVP 8'6", and $325 for the 8'6" Plus. Thats a big jump in price.
  5. aspenplow

aspenplow Member

I'm looking for a new edge for my MVP do u remember where u came across the one for $110?
  6. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Here it is for $110.

I would call about this one to comfirm that it includes both sides. The part # matches up with an alternate part # on Angelo's site so I would assume it includes both, but I'm not sure. If that is the case, its only $78 here.

If you purchase new cutting edges, be sure to replace the center rubber.
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2008