1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP Plus creeps down need help!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jjmcnace, Jan 20, 2014.

1. jjmcnace

jjmcnace Member
    from Iowa

I have a MVP Plus Ultramount plow and it creeps down while I drive. My lift ram did appear to have a leak on the jam nut end of the cylinder so I replaced it thinking it would fix the problem. After replacing the lift ram the plow still creeps down the same as it did before. I then replaced the S3 cartridge valve after looking at the manual in the troubleshooting section. After replacing this valve plow still creeps down as it originally did. Could the seal be going out between the motor and the valve body? It doesn't seem to leak much oil, but it does appear to leak a little. Would this seal allow the plow to creep down by bleeding off pressure? Plow creeps with the plow turned off and truck off.

Thanks for any help.
    Jeramy

2. Nestech

Nestech Senior Member

Check the O-rings really closely on the S-3 valve, even a slight nick will allow it to leak down.

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

On the MVP plus there r two valves that hold the blade up. S2 and S3. U can eliminate the S3 by turning the quill valve all the way closed. If it stops leaking down replace the S3 is the problem if it still drops it's the S2.

4. jjmcnace

jjmcnace Member
    from Iowa

I did replace the S3 but I will check out he S2 valve.

5. banonea

banonea PlowSite Fanatic

Is this the same concept with the wing rams? both my rams seam to loose pressure in any position.

6. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

There r other valves involved with the wings like the crossover relief valves etc. it's not nearly so simple. U need to look at the hydraulic schematic in the mechanics guide. And then the system is different depending on exactly which v plow u have.