1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP Plus Controller Flashing

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Dstosh, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Was cleaning against a curb and caught an edge. Moving at a decent pace. Controller now just flashes and no movement or function from the plow. I pulled off cover and checked all fuses and they are all good. Any Ideas?

Trying to go through the tests on page 79 of the Mechanics guide but so far havent been able to come up with a solution

2. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Swapped out Controllers, Swapped out plow modules to no avail

Put Truck on another MVP Plus and It worked. So Its plowside.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  3. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

There is no communication with your plow module.
    So you swapped out the PLOW module that is on the hydraulic unit itself, right?,
    and still does not work.
    So the next step is to check the black ground wire located on port A.

Also the tan and white twisted wires located on the plowside battery cable may be compromised.
    UNPLUG port "A" first then perform a continuity test.

If you want remove battery cable off your other MVP PLUS and install and try.

Your dealing with a multiplex wiring system, so your dealing with signals, not just 12 volts.

Good Luck, PT.
  4. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Yes. Pulled plow module off of hydraulic unit on known working MVP plus. Controller still flashed. I will check ground and plow side battery cable shortly.

Thanks for your help
  5. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Plow side power harness had a broken pin. The Small white wire was broken in the plug. At first it checked out ok with the contunity tester, but my dad wiggled the plug as I tested it and it was broken.

Always check contunity with an extra set of hands!
  6. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

Glad to hear you got it fixed and you
    didn't have to pay some "plowtech" lol.

It pays to be on PLOWSITE.:)