1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mvp plus configuration

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by gasnparts, Dec 12, 2008.

1. gasnparts

gasnparts Junior Member

Hi there, was wondering about the stacking stops installed when doing configuration 4 it says you need them, what would happen if I took the stacking stops off? Problem when traveling is in v mode it hits the pavement when going up inclines(parking lot) uneven road surface too. Its on Dodge 2500 with timbrens ballast in the back. Would removing the stacking stops let the blade go higher? Any help is appreciated.
  2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The stacking stops lets it go higher for sure. With my GM's I have to take them off. I don't know in your configuration if you need them or not. When building the plow there are 2 brackets that you install differently depending on truck to ground clearence. I can't see why you would need them.

Stacking snow is for loaders, I only stack to 5 or 6 feet.
  3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I don't run stops on my MVP. I also have a Dodge and I haven't had any trouble. Just take them off and roll with it, you'll be fine.
  4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

When you take them off be sure to put the bolts back in. They give you shorter bolts to use when you take the stops off.