1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mvp plus center digging in

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by moose02, Nov 20, 2008.

1. moose02

moose02 Junior Member
    from Ontario

Hey all

We just had a MVP Plus put on our 02 duramx 3500. Just picked it up yesterday and went to go out plowing this morning and on my way out our own driveway I noticed the center of the plow is digging in big time. I think the truck needs to be higher the new steel center piece is carving. Timberns are going in tomorrow I'm hoping this fixes it, any one else had this problem. What ticks me is the dealer likely new when the installed it:realmad:
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Picking the front of the truck up will only make it worse, however, i do recommend going with the timbrens. After the timbrens are installed, drive back to the dealer and have him make the neccesary adjustments to the plow, he should know what needs to be done and is the last part of the install.
  3. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

I had the same problem a few days ago with the MVP, mine was just put on. After about an hour of plowing with the blade is all evened out. there was just a few shavings that needed to come off the center to even it ot.
  4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

What you did was wear the cutting edge in so that it looks like it sits right. The V's are designed so that they can be adjusted to sit flat in all positions. Improper adjustment causes premature wear of the cutting edges.
  5. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

After the timbrens are installed, take it back to the dealer and have the plow "reconfigured". The A frame needs to be level on a v plow. If it's not, the blade will wear unevenly. Yes they should have done it when you had the plow installed, but after the timbrens are installed you would have to do it again anyways.