1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mvp plus breather cap

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by skferreri, Dec 20, 2008.

1. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

After a long couple of days of plowing im looking of my plow and there is frozen blue fluid all around my breather cap.My dealer says that the breather is just doing its job,but i think it happens a little to much.Is there suppost to be that much pressure in the pump,or is there to much fluid in it. (I NEED SOME INFO-OPIONS)
  2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

they always leak some. keep an eye on the oil level, if it gets to low you will lose plow function.
  3. Jake23rc

Jake23rc Member

I have the same concern with both of my mvp's my dealer has said the same to me. I always check my oil levels and they seemed unchanged.
  4. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

I changed the drop speed on the plow and i thought that would casuse the issue,but i have no clue and still looking for answers?
  5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

your v plow will breathe a little oil forever. normal for a western.
  6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Ill back up no lead on this, its normal.

Want to make no lead mad with your MVP's breather cap? Raise the plow, fill the resovoir and have no lead stand next to the pump while you drop the plow really fast. If the breather cap doesnt catch him in the forehead on the way by he will still be wearing 2 quarts of fluid. Trust me, it makes him mad!!!!
  7. mautore

mautore Member

LOL, and here I thought you were a nice guy, Crash!
  8. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

My MVP plus does the same thing is always full of fluid
  9. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

I feel alot better about the issue know,thanks for the opions.
  10. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

My factory one leaked as described above for about 3 years.
    Then 1 day I lowered my blade when I got home and the top blew off.

I keep a spare in my truck now and the replacement only leaks a little after the seasonal oil change then it's good after that.

I do agree with the others....It's normal just as long as it's only a small amount.