1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP Plus 8 1/2'

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by CountryBoy72, Feb 5, 2009.

1. CountryBoy72

CountryBoy72 Member

Just wondering if anybody has one of these installed on a 2008 Diesel CC SRW 4X4 3500 Chevy ? The quick match doesn't show it unless it's a gas motor. Wondering if the frames are the same and can I use the same mount as the gasser ? The dealer won't install it either because he says it's a liability issue, how hard are they to install ? He has one in stock too.

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The frames are the same. I have one on the same truck but a dually. I have another on a reg. cab dually.

They are easy to install.

3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

you aren't supposed to put that plow on a diesel because it overloads the front axle. gm says if gross axle weight ratings (gawr) are exceeded it affects the ability to control the vehicle. also wears out the front end.

4. michdeere

michdeere Member

As was posted above, the frames are the same. I put an MVP on my '08 2500 Crew cab Duramax. Put Timbrens in the front end and you're good to go. You bought the truck to work didn't you? Biggest trouble I had with the install was the wiring that tied into the truck headlights. If I remember correctly, the instalIation directions didn't cover the nbs trucks. I had to call Western so they could walk me through it.

5. CountryBoy72

CountryBoy72 Member

Chevy also rates it with five/six guys in the cab. It's just me when out working. I figure the plow just about equals the guys that are missing in GM's formula. I will be adding timbrens and be welding gussets on my frame, around the a arms. Seeing how chevy doesn't want to fix them regardless of the style or size. Only other option would be to get rid of the chevy and get a ford. That wouldn't bother me but, somebody needs to bring out a DPF delete tuner for the Ford. Chevy has one :rolleyes:.Can you say increase in mileage. Just need to decide if I want to install it or get somebody else too.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  6. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

Theres DPF delete tunes for the 6.4 powerstroke. I'll stick to my 05 fords though for the time being.

7. CountryBoy72

CountryBoy72 Member

That's good to know. When I researched my truck 8 months ago there wasn't much out for the 6.4 and the mileage was way worse. Talked to alot of guys with them around here too. Might look at a Ford again when the time comes to replace this one .