1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP or Power V: Which stacks better

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rtm038, Aug 17, 2006.

?

Which stacks and offers the best transport height

1. Boss

40.0%
  2. Western

60.0%
  1. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Hello,
    Been plowing for a good number of years now, and I've decided my next plow will be a V-plow. Only problem is deciding between the MVP Plus and the Power V. Now I know that both have their pros and cons, which have been posted here over and over again, but I'm wondering about each plows ability to stack snow high. According to the video comparisions on Boss' website, their cylinder lift system not only allows for a higher maximum lift height while transporting the plow, but it also allows for higher stacking.

So my questions are: 1) Does the Boss offer a greater maximum lift height over the MVP and 2) Boss the Boss stack better than the MVP.

Thanks
    Ryan

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I think you all ready answered your own question lol:waving:
    So YOUR questions are: 1) Does the Boss offer a greater maximum lift height over the MVP.
    on Boss' website, their cylinder lift system not only allows for a higher maximum lift height while transporting the plow
    and 2) Boss the Boss stack better than the MVP.Yes, it also allows for higher stacking.

3. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

MVP, have used them for a couple of years now.....no problems or complaints, they work very well...

4. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

SnoFarmer...I realize that I already answered my own questions, but remember that their (Boss') comparisons/statements are one-sided and like to have both sides of every story.

Thanks
    Ryan

5. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I have to disagree. The direct cylindar may lift your plow up higher during transport (which I don't get anyway, that just means less air is getting to the radiator). Your still limited with the stacking by the cylinder. My lift arm is maxed out but I can still stack over a chain linked fence. My "old school" chain allows for flexibility where your cylinder does not.

6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

The blade(plow) is allowed to raise higher than the ram can lift it. Allowing for stacking higher.

On my OLD chain lift, lol!! It just bounced up and down and swayed side to side with every little bump in the road.
    Using your thinking your plow could only go as high as your ram too:dizzy:

Cheek out the pics look at the bottom of my plow it is almost as high as the hood of the truck.. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=33307

blade_masters
    "The direct cylindar may lift your plow up higher during transport (which I don't get anyway, that just means less air is getting to the radiator"

This would be the same for every plow out there. Just swing, lower, or, ^ the plow for air flow.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2006