1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP or MVP Plus

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by beneb, Nov 12, 2014.

1. beneb

beneb Junior Member

Hi guys,
    I've been looking around at used plows a bit and had a quick question about the MVPs. Did Western ever make a non "commercial grade" version of the MVP? I've looked at a couple that say MVP Plus on the tag and a couple that just say MVP. Appreciate the help!

2. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Not sure what the difference is. Western says they stopped making the mvp after 10/2008 and now only have the mvp plus. I guess the label at least can let you tell if it's older than 2008.

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

The MVP was the predecessor to the MVP+ When they went to the multiplex control system they redesigned the whole thing and put a plastic shroud around it. There never was a non-commercial grade. They come in different sizes though. First came the uni-mount MVP with relay light controls, then came the ultra-mount MVP (briefly with relays) and then with four port isolation module. For the past few years all Western V plows have been the Ultra-mount MVP + and now the MVP3 is available with the flared wings but it's still basically and MVP+