1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP or MVP Plus

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by nick858, Mar 19, 2010.

1. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Ive got an MVP, a buddy is looking for a similar plow for his older chevy. Mine is a 4 port iso module, but my newer wideout is a 3 port. Where is the break point on these that they switched to 3? Mine has a number that says BD 0330, is that build date? And whats the difference between an MVP and an MVP Plus?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The number of ports in the Iso mod isn't as important as whether it's a 2 or 3 plug, as in the grill plug count.

A very early MVP will be a two plug non Iso (relay) setup and then 3 plug once they went to Iso systems. But the Wideout and MVP Plus will all be two plug in either 3 or 4 port Iso as they all use the Multiplex wiring technology thus they need less wire connections out to the plow.

Confused more than ever now? Thank DD for that. :rolleyes:

3. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Actually you are making good sense. So to add to the confusion, he has a mount and wiring for an older chevy. Its a straight blade wiring set, but the iso module is the same part number as the iso on my wideout. Its a three port iso module, and has everything to make the straight blade work. The MVP Plus he is looking at has a 4 port iso module. So can we just use the 3 port iso module and headlight loom, but the other wiring from the MVP?
    Both wiring harnesses are two plug out the grill, just one comes from a 4 port and one from a 3.

thanks for your help, it actually does make a little sense.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good to see you caught on quick. :waving:

Yes the Iso's are specific to the truck, not the plow so you're correct on that account. So he can use his existing Iso and lighting related wiring and simply swap out the control related wiring to go with the 2 plug Muliplex setup that the MVP Plus and Wideout use and he's good to go.

5. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Thank you very much. Pretty much what I thought, but its tough getting it all spelled out where someone else can understand.
    thanks again

6. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Make sure you use the power harness because it is specific to the plus with the two little prongs.