1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP or EZV install on 06 F-350?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by nailerdog, Nov 22, 2005.

1. nailerdog

nailerdog Member
    from WI

I've pretty much decided on a 8.5 MVP on my 06 F-350 PSD. I plan to have the plow drop shipped and install it myself. Any special considerations for this vehicle or install complications that should push me over to Fisher EZV instead?

Thanks in advance.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The install for a fisher or western will be exactly the same when it comes to the truck side, blade assy is a little different but not enough to make you change blades. You could also look at it this way, since you havent installed either of them you wouldnt know the difference.

3. CENLO

CENLO Member

Why not buy the 9'-6" MVP, I have one on my 05 F-350 PSD and have no problems. (My truck is a super crew!) It was like $100.00 more and only weighed about 200#'s more.

4. nailerdog

nailerdog Member
    from WI

Thanks Crash, I was expecting that they would be quite similar. Just thought one might be a little cleaner or easier install. My last plow (10 years ago) was a Fisher and I loved it. My first choice had been the Fisher but I'm finding that they're not too popular here in western WI, I expect that the dealer network hasn't been developed very well.

5. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

Pretty much the same. I agree, about a 9.5......you look at them? Get the fishstick without the mode button IMO. Also have a set of cutting edges ready to bolt up when you wear the factory trip edge down....dont want to be waiting on them to come in durring a storm ect.

The only part thats a real PITA is the fact that durring assembly its a heavy MF and it will help to have a friend there when you put the 2 moldboards together with the center pin. Also helps to have frineds or equipment to stand it up. Its an easy botl together deal though that anyone with some tools can handle IMO.

Oh.....and wireing for the controler is a PITA.....thier idea of lite grey with a blue stripe as apossed to the medium grey or the one with the navy:rolleyes: Just double check it.....wish they would number them or something. Oh.....and if your color blind your F-ed and might as well call a bud over to do it. There are like 400freaking wires with slight variations in colors LOL And dont lose the tool thats used to remove the pins from the plug. You will need it when you get 2 wires confused LOL. Maybe I'm exagerating a bit but just take your time and dont expect your blade to work the first time LOL

Last edited: Nov 23, 2005
  6. nailerdog

nailerdog Member
    from WI

I have thought some about a 9.5. I have a potential garage door width issue. Does anybody know the plow width in the v position?

7. CENLO

CENLO Member

I have a 9' wide garage door and it fits no problem.

8. nailerdog

nailerdog Member
    from WI

Any complications due to height?

I have installed a 2 inch leveling kit in the front coils and the truck has the 20 inch factory wheels. The bottom of the tow hooks are right at 28 inches. Should I expect to have to extend the mounting plates or will they be long enough?