1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP motor works, blade not moving....HELP

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Superior L & L, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

One of my guys called saying his plow is down. I guess he was plowing and hit a manhole cover in a lot real hard. The plow jumped up in the air and jumped the truck then quit working. You can hit the controller and the motor runs but no plow movement. Is there a valve that could have tripped or broke. HELP
    I have to go in tomorrow and get it going coz more snow on the way

Thanks in advance

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

MVP or MVP Plus?

For it to lose every single function, I'd be looking for a wiring issue first regardless.

3. Superior L & L

from MI

Its just a MVP - If it was electrical wouldnt the motor not work

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Nope, not necessary. The valves/coils are basically on a dedicated wiring layout separate from the motor function.

You can check all the coils for magnetism to positively rule out an electrical issue quite easily and go from there.

5. Superior L & L

from MI

thanks! we wil try that this morning

6. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

My buddy just called with the same complaint on his 2008 8' with only 20 minutes of use on it.