1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP left wing wont move

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Dstosh, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Need Help- I am having trouble with my MVP ( Not Plus).

It was acting weak and moving slow, so I changed the motor. Come to find out that the ground on the battery on the truck side was loose. It should have been the first thing I checked. I just assumed it was plow side.

Now I have the pump assembly all back together and Ive been messing with it for 2 days.

I have the mechaincs guide and I am going through it. The left wing wont move at all. I pulled the P/O Check Valve C and a bunch of fluid came out. I pressed check valve with a pick and it seemed free. I sprayed brake clean and blew it out with compressed air. I then blew out the hole that the check valve goes into and a bunch more fluid came out- I think i screwed it up. Now I only have up/down and in and out of the right wing. The motor runs when pressing the left wing button, but it doesnt seem like fluid is going anywhere.

Before I pulled the check valve, when pressing the left wing button, the motor wouldnt run or anything.Just the noise that it makes if you were to press the up button and its already all the way up.

Im at my wits end and out of patience with this thing.

Thanks for any help.

2. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

I have checked all my wiring on all my coils and have bench tested all the cartrages. They all opened when 12v was applied

3. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

OK first off it's going to be a ground activated system so you should have 12V to the coils when the plow is hooked up and the control is on. Check to see if you are getting ground signal to the left coils when the control is activated. OR you can jump a ground to the coil and hit the control to activate the motor and bypass the valve trigger from the control to see if the plow will activate. The handheld controllers are finiky. I see you have several of the same plows. You may want to try another control first.

J