1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP (joystick) controller problems

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by kingriver, Oct 31, 2005.

1. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

As all of us are getting geared up for another winter of FUN FUN FUN in the snow was wondering if anyone could help with this little problem I've encountered. When I use the joystick controller it seems to have a mind of its own and continues to operate (makes clicking noises), which I am fimiliar with after I have released the button. I am hoping that the problem is in the controller not the plow itself. I just recently had it to the dealer for a (flush & adjust). Anyone ever had this problem.

2. ght1098

ght1098 Member

Not quite sure I understand your problem, but I'll give it a try. Not sure about the joysticks, but the cab command has a delay that opens the motor relay and keeps the angle relays closed for a small amount of time so that the plow doesn't slam to a stop. Could be what you are experiencing.