1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP issue, and questions.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by beanz27, Dec 2, 2013.

1. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

I have a early 2000's model 8.6 Western MVP. I changed the fluid this year, it wasn't too long after I did the flush that this happened. I used it quite a bit today without any issue, and it only happened once, but it will fail at some point.

This happened when I started, as in everything was cold, hadn't moved in a few days. I lifted the plow, and when I let off the up it dropped. First thought is a valve is going out. Where is it, and what is it called?

While I'm here, the center pin could be replaced, it's wore quite a bit, any tricks, or anything to specifically check, or do? And can I grease that pin at all or not?

Anything I really need to watch for on this particular plow?

Thanks guys.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Is it a unimount MVP or ultramount MVP. Not to sure about them but I could point u in the right direction

3. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

You might have to lay the moldboard on its face to get the center pin out and a new one installed. I would not use grease since grease collects sand and road grime that would be abrasive to the steal. I give mine a good squirt of wd40 or such and always wash after plowing.

Sounds like you have a bad coil that opens/closes the valves. Those are under the covers on the manifold.