1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP in V mode

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by MightyPigpen, Mar 11, 2013.

1. MightyPigpen

MightyPigpen Junior Member

I installed a used MVP on my 2004 Dodge Ram 2500. The cutting edge is worn slightly but when the plow is straight, the cutting edge is even all the way across the blade edge. When I put the plow in a V, the front is on the ground, but the back of the V is about 2" off the ground. When I plow on dirt, the plow is so nose heavy and the angle is so sharp that the plow really digs in. What adjustment can or should I make? I can't find anyway to adjust "pitch" on the plow, I know you can adjust the left and right angle to keep the plow wearing even. Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

need more details

mvp or mvp plus

uni or ultra

4x4 right?

the more details, the better the answer

3. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Checkout the western website under service publications and go to the appropriate mechanics guide. It will give you the adjustment procedure. Most likely the plow was on a vehicle whose front end didn't sit as high as yours. Is the aframe parallel to the ground when the plow is straight and on the ground? Probably not.

4. MightyPigpen

MightyPigpen Junior Member

It is a MVP, Ultramount, and yes, I would say my vehicle may be sitting a little higher than the previous vehicle. I did loosen the pivot nut and bolt and tried to adjust the blade. I think it helped a little. Thanks for your help, I think it may need to adjust the pivot plate assembly this summer and purchase a new cutting edge for each side. The cutting edge is nearly " different from the middle to the outside edge. Again thanks for replying.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  5. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Sound like if its a ultra mount you can adjust it with 2 bolts
    At the A frame you can pitch the plow back one hole will make a big difference
    I have to pitch mine forward when I put new 8'' edge on and once I hit 5-6'' I have pitch it back To keep it wearing evenly

6. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

People usually don't take the time to adjust plows when switching vehicles. Also like Antler stated when cutting edges are new or worn out can make a big difference also!

7. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I like to keep mine 1/4-1/2 difference from end to middle