1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mvp help!!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 04red2500, Dec 20, 2008.

1. 04red2500

04red2500 Member
    from MI

alright guys need some ideas i love my MVP but i hate the rubber flap in the middle i have already ripped two off this season and will be installing the third tomorrow.:realmad: I know boss has a molded edge for there v plows that gets rid of the rubber piece but as far as i know western does not. Has any one come up with a way to do away with it yet???

PS. The last one i manage to rip right in half:drinkup:

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Western does make cutting edges that don't require a center shoe. Check with your dealer to see if they're available for your plow.

3. TRKling

TRKling Member

Be careful trying the cutting edges that do not require the rubber flap.

They may not work - the fold backs are different - the Rams on the old ones are 2" and the rams on the newer style with the cutting edge for the middle are 1 3/4th inches. I have older and newer MVP's and on those blades, it will not work.

Check the P's and Q's first - very expensive mistake at $300 a pop for the blades if they do not fit or work correctly.

4. StathemLawncare

StathemLawncare Member

I made my own molded edge. I used 1/2" steel and fab my edge just like the new ones for $70. If you have welder and a little time it was fairly easy.

5. 04red2500

04red2500 Member
    from MI

Thanx for the help guys but how do the molded edges work with the trip edge?Anyone have pics???

6. StathemLawncare

StathemLawncare Member

Works the same as having the rubber in the middle. I found that it scrapes better now.I will try to get pic of my custom built one. Used it once and so much better than having the rubber.

7. Iowalawn

Iowalawn Member
    from Iowa

EVER GET PICS???? Thanks

8. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

pics would be nice. I haven't ripped one yet, but this does sound interesting