1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP harness

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by RayGauthier, Jan 6, 2007.

1. RayGauthier

RayGauthier Member

Hi there guy's
    I have a 97 Dodge Ram and looking to maybe buy MVP 8.6 ft uni mount my questions are

1. What plow harness would I need to get ? and would any of my old harness work (power) ?

2. I have a western 7.6 ft SB uni mount will the MVP uni mount fit my old mount ?

3. What controller would you use ? I have the joystick right now and like that set up but with the MVP there are more functions.

Thanks .
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ray, you can reuse the mount that's on your truck now for the MVP but your gonna need to change your harness. As to the controller if you like your current hand held now then I'd recommend using a hand held with the MVP too.
  3. RayGauthier

RayGauthier Member

97 Dodge Ram

I am having a problem finding the truck harness number that goes to the controller can anyone help me.

Do you think I would have to change the power cable ?

I will be putting on meyer lights

4. Jakkle5

Jakkle5 Member
    from Mass

Thats gonna be one heck of a pieced together rig. Non MVP controller, MVP plow, Meyer lights. tymusic
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yep. Ray, if your not good with wiring or you don't have somebody local that is I'd highly recommend using all Western component's on this set up rather than piecing together a bunch of different brand's of part's. It will save you a lot of aggravation and ultimately money, in the long run.
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If your gonna call around to try and find a truck side harness ask for part no. 66610. As far as I know this is the newest number for this harness and there has been no revision's to this part no. although this harness has been out of production for a few year's. If you also need the truck side headlight adapter's, the part no. for those is 26009 if you have a NON sport model truck (HB1 headlight's).
  7. soundzplus

soundzplus Junior Member

power cable

if you are going from a straight blade to a v blade, you will have to change out the battery cable as well...there is an extra pin in the battery cable for the v plow that is absent for the straight blade