1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP Handheld Controller Thru Firewall. GMC. WHERE? HOW?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by stevie fierce, Feb 7, 2011.

1. stevie fierce

stevie fierce Junior Member
    from NH

I'd like to find out if anyone has and advice on where I can run my wires through the firewall of my 08 GMC Sierra 2500. ALSO........ Does anyone have any idea how to remove the individual wires from the back of the MVP controller plug? The plow is off another truck and the wires are pushed into the controller harness/plastic housing. The controller plug is very large and I don't wanna drill a 2" hole in my truck. The manual says the wiring came with a removal tool for this but the service manager at the western dealer says to use a paper clip..... Any ideas?

2. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

When I was trying to find a spot to run the wires for my lightbar I couldnt find anything either. They dont make it easy.

3. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

look on the right side of the steering column. should be a rubber garment..If not your going to have to frill a hole..

4. GabrielFarms

GabrielFarms Junior Member

We had to drill a hole on our '07 there was just no other choice.

5. captadamnj

captadamnj Senior Member

Thankfully the MVP Plus is only a small square 4 pin plastic connector, less than 1/2" in size, went right through the aforementioned rubber grommet no problem.