1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP dead but motor runs

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by StathemLawncare, Jan 28, 2009.

1. StathemLawncare

StathemLawncare Member

My MVP quit all the sudden last night. Motor runs but sounds rough. Could i have broken the shaft or striped the shaft wear it connects to the pump. My other thought is pick up tube or filter.Any help will be appreciated.Thank god for the backup truck.
  2. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

I'd check the filter thats the easy fix. drain fluid, check and clean filter then go from there
  3. StathemLawncare

StathemLawncare Member

Thats where i was going to start, but the motor sounds really bad though. I hoping it just a filter or pick up tube fell off.
  4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

may have worn out the bushing between the motor and the pump housing. have somebody run it and TAP on the motor with a hammer. if it sounds better, probably motor.