1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP cuting edge

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pushumhigh, Feb 2, 2009.

1. pushumhigh

pushumhigh Junior Member

Does anyone know if a cutting edge is made that eliminates the rubber puck on my western 8.5' ultramount V. if so were can I find it. I bent the brackets for the rubber while back dragging and wore the rubber to nothing in minutes. The cutting edge is also warping really bad. what the heck?

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

Mpv center rubber block

No problem i have 4 of them . I use a piece of conveyor belt. It has nylon in between the rubber .It will last as long as your cutting edge.I have tried just a rubber piece it wears down in one night. I can buy scrap conveyor for just a couple of dollars $3.00 per plow. The stuff is so tough it a bite just to cut them to size.you will need a piece about 2foot long by 6 inches high and 1/2 thick will work just fine. You can buy that block of thick rubber but it rips off in cold weather.Trust me it works fine. When the first mpv plows came out that what western used.Look for a place that sells conveyor belts in your city.Good luck

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

Oh i forgot to tell you after you cut the belt and drill out the holes i use a 3" by 4" piece of flat steel in the back of the belt to keep it from pulling out.Or you could use very large washers.As for your edge warping the mold board behind it must be bent. Don't sweat it. I even make my own cutting edges from a steel place.Put a new cutting egde and the belt piece on and you will be good to go.If you lived in the buffalo ,ny area i would help ypu out.If you have any questions feel free to call my cell phone after 5:00 pm 716-830-8808.sincerly al