1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP controller

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Keltic, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Keltic

Keltic Junior Member

My 5th controller failed last night, still under warrenty thankfully, does anyone know if Western has changed it's design for this year? Love the plow, hate the controller. As a side note we're enjoying lots of snow in eastern Canada, usually a rainy time of year here, and this year it's been snowing steadily, it's great! Cheers FMK

2. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

My 4 th controller broke last week. the wire that they used to fix it this time was a heavier gauge. hope this one lasts.

3. Nestech

Nestech Senior Member

Updated Wire Harness

On the new MVP plus plows they only use 4 wires to send signals to the Plow module. Western initially made a 4 wire "pigtail" on the controller. These have failed in mass quantities. The new wire is a seven wire harness that is much thicker. So far these are not failing. Western part number 96464-1. Make sure your dealer is putting on the thicker wire harness. This is 100% covered under warranty.

Nes-Tech Sales and Service
    Stratford, Ont.

4. Bozeman

Bozeman Junior Member

I have a fisher extreve v and am having controller problems (on/off light blinking and no plow movement) Does this new controller fix just go from the in cab conection or do they replace all the wiring including the one going beyond the firewall?

5. Keltic

Keltic Junior Member

All our problems were right at the controller, so we did not have to go beyond the cab connection. We just got another on warrenty and we are carrying a spare.

6. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Is this part number stamped somewhere that I could verify mine?????

7. Bozeman

Bozeman Junior Member

I'm picking up my new cord in a few minutes but worked on my old one last night and it works. The short in the cord was right were the cord enters the controller. It is that fatter piece that has the rubber keeper on it. I cut it off above that and below it. Soldered them together and it works fine again. I'm going to keep the new one as a spare. Supposed to snow tonight so tomorrow I'll find out if my fix works for sure. thanks for your help. Bart

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Are you guys having problems with hand helds or joy sticks? Mine has been fine but is new this year. There seems to be a delay going right or I have to push it a little farther.

9. Bozeman

Bozeman Junior Member

Hand helds