1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP Control issues

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by joshua74133, Jan 13, 2015.

1. joshua74133

joshua74133 Junior Member
    from tulsa

let me start off by saying I'm new to this... I purchased the plow used and i just purchased all new wiring for the truck side... I bought the control off ebay after doing the quick match on the western site. I just got everything hooked up and said a prayer for everything to work.... not soo much... I push up and the plow buzzes, I push down the plow buzzes, I push right the plow lifts and I push left and the plow tries to lift then drops... really confused as to what is happening I can't even get the plow off my truck because it won't drop all the way.

2. joshua74133

joshua74133 Junior Member
    from tulsa

Fixed it... blown fuses in case anyone else has this problem

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Sounds to me like you must have an MVP plus. There are four fuses under the black plastic cover over the hydraulic unit. Each fuse protects a couple of valves and one fuse also protects the motor relay. When one fuse blows some valves are disabled so the plow does all kinds of funny things. There are fuses under the hood too but they are for lights and controller. There is also one more fuse to be aware of and that is the one that the ignition feed wire is connected to. About a foot back from the controller plug, under the dash, there is a red wire that separates from the harness. It usually connects to the fuse box to a truck fuse that is only hot with ignition. If that fuse blows the controller will not light up at all but the lights will still switch from truck to plow.

Kudos for figuring out your own problem so fast, clearly you have a future as a plow operator.....